Wendy Snyder BIO
I am a working wife and mother of a tween girl. I have a BA degree in Journalism, a minor in Psychology, a Master’s degree in Business Administration, and 2 years of engineering. Previously, I was a Risk Manager at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory. I worked there for 23 years in various jobs. After that, I worked at Caltech on a temporary grant. After Caltech, the time off allowed me to explore something I’ve always wanted to do: write a book. Now that a new door opened and I’ve found my voice, I finished a few books and have many more to come.
Come visit me on www.medium.com/@wendyswriting22
I’m looking for an agent. If you’re interested, please contact me: From your click to my inbox
Here’s a few I have in the que:
- “From Fear to Fierce“: Think Wild by Cheryl Strayed meets Tim Cahill or Bill Bryson, only female and with a bit of dark humor. Synopsis:
After 8 months of preparations, four women go on a 10-day backpacking adventure in the high sierras. They began in fear, fear of getting lost, fear of getting hurt in the backwoods, fear of being left alone, fear of running into bad hombres, and fear of bears. They hiked through all of that one-step at time; 83 miles, and one 12,695-foot peak later, they emerged cured of those fears. This book is done, now I need an agent. Genre: Memoir.
- Title in work “Slog On” or one that cracks me up every time “I Wrote a Book.” A dark humor travel story with lots of chaos, shocking 40-year-old family secret revelations, and a potential murder mystery. Synopsis:
Jenny is a middle-aged working wife and mother of a 6-year-old girl. Her day suddenly changes when she learns that her vagabond biological father who abandoned her twice, suddenly and mysteriously died. Found 300 miles away, floating in a harbor.
Her venture begins when she and her mom embark on this unexpected adventure to claim his body, secure his boat and vehicles, where they reside somewhere along the 12 miles of San Diego Harbor coastline. Their only clue: old GPS coordinates at the end of his last email 4 years ago.
Just like life, things don’t go as planned and perseverance prevails. Quirky problems, lots of laughs, and a possible homicidal crazy murderer greet their adventures. Where anything that can go wrong, does go wrong, and hilarity ensues. This book is done, now I need an agent. Genre: Memoir and Comedy Travel Story.
- “Spacecraft 101-The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly”: Synopsis
Currently writing. This book integrates the village needed to build and launch a spacecraft, from a layman’s point of view interspersed with the personal stories from 23 years of working with those characters. This book is in progress, and I still need an agent. Genre: Memoir and How To book.
I’ve written a few children’s books with more on the way.
- “Kisses,” an innocent silly fun book. This book is done, now I need an agent.
- I’m working on the 3rd book in a series (Nikki Series) to fill the lost niche between boring board books and repetitive chapter books. Something that parents can read in one or two nights. This surrounds Nikki and her explorations of her long lost quirky Great Aunt’s magical house. Where magic comes alive, or does it? Two books are done, one is nearly done, and I need an agent.
- Also, my daughter and I wrote, “Moon Phase Faces,” a short board book that teaches young ones about the phases of the moon. It’s been written and I’m looking for an agent.
I have 20 and counting children’s books published for English as a second language (ESL) kids.
Blog in work: How to Stop Having to Charge Your Ring Video Doorbell
Disclaimer: I may receive commissions from purchases made through links on this page, at no extra cost to you.